Re: New Packages generator

Hi,

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> (07/05/2011):
> As we have received no notice of errors and as we also do not see
> anything bad ourself, I just activated the new generator for the
> archive. Starting with the next dinstall run in a few minutes all
> Packages and Sources files[2] will be generated using the new tool.

is that a related breakage?

$ sudo debootstrap --arch=i386 sid sid-32 http://ftp.debian.org/debian
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Release.gpg
I: Checking Release signature
I: Valid Release signature (key id 9FED2BCBDCD29CDF762678CBAED4B06F473041FA)
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
W: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 was corrupt
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
W: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz was corrupt
I: Retrieving Packages
E: Couldn't download dists/sid/main/binary-i386/Packages

Same happens with ftp{.fr,.uk,.de,}.debian.org; with i386 and amd64.

Mraw,
KiBi.