On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 10:46:35AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> the 2008 GR invites to seek consensus, and in my opinion, what prove
> to be anti-consensual is to divide developers into formal categories.
> I have not seen such a vigourous opposition in the recent years to the
> idea of accepting non-packaging developers in Debian.

I'm happy to see that today the problem seems easy to solve to several
commenters and I'm sorry I haven't seen how easy it was to solve one
year ago or so: me, Enrico, DAM, DDs, we all have limits.  Were it
possible, I'll be happy to offer a time machine so that we can go back
in time 3 years to solve it way more quickly than we did so that today
we would have had not 5 people in the pipe of non-packaging developers,
but 50 or 500. But given that is not possible, I would be happy if we
could stop discussing what today is just spilled milk, given that one
way or another this matter has been settled.

Cheers.