Re: 0-day NMUs for RC bugs without activity for 7 days?

Hi,

On Sat, 07 May 2011, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> This works both ways. If a NMUer uploaded my package without a delay
> and without a good reason[0], I want to be able to yell at him „you
> are a jerk (according to Developers Reference)!”

No.

First off, I never said that the rules are there to be able to badmouth
people. So calling someone a jerk is never a good idea.

And whatever mistake made, the NMU is still someone trying to help you, so
you should respond calmly: "Thank you for the NMU but the issue really did
not warrant a direct upload, you would have saved us some troubles by
contacting me or by uploading to DELAYED."

> [0] No, 7 days without activity in the bug log is not a good enough
> reason. Let's turn our empathy on and face it: we are not bug-fixing
> monkeys and 7 days is a very short time frame.

We're speaking of RC bugs, you should not have plenty of RC bugs on your
shoulders...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer