Re: 0-day NMUs for RC bugs without activity for 7 days?

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 11:14:55PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> - Doing an NMU without trying to contact the maintainer beforehand could be
>   considered an aggressive behaviour, or a way to "punish" the maintainer for
>   not addressing bugs as fast as one would like. We are trying hard to fight
>   the feeling that NMUs are an aggression, this could be counter-productive.

So, my experience with #624819 was basically this.  The bug was
reported, followed by an NMU upload about 45 minutes after the bug was
initially reported.  Please don't misunderstand.  I appreciate that the
submitter was proactive.  However, emailing the patch first and giving
me a few days would have been nice.  Since the NMUer made changes
directly to the source files, I have to back out the patch and convert
it over to quilt (I use quilt on all my packages).  So, his helpfulness
actually created more work.

Another thing to note is that while the NMU was uploaded to DELAYED/2,
the upload was actually ACCEPTed about 24 hours after the upload.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez