Re: wheel group

On Fri, 06 May 2011, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:
> > Because we do not enable pam_wheel by default, so it is not needed by
> > default.
>
> Heh, that's what this question is about. :-)

Then ask it directly :-p

> Restricting certain privileges (like su root) to certain users only
> looks more secure than letting everyone do it... Is there any particular
> reason Debian GNU/Linux is so permissive by default?

Beats me.  I am one of those who fight to keep braindamage such as
wide-open "sudo su -" and password-less root accounts away from Debian,
so asking me about it would be moot.

File a wishlist bug against the debian-installer (if one doesn't exist
already), requesting the optional support of pam_wheel at install time.
AFTER that gets implemented, one can talk about whether it should be the
default or not.

  Henrique Holschuh