Re: glibc: causes segfault in Xorg

On 05/04/2011 11:48 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> While I can sympathize with this (it's what I want as a developer), it's
> certainly not a good idea in Debian in general: we have many derivatives
> taking unstable/testing at various points in time, and we also want to
> make testing generally usable by end-users.

*testing*, Report a bug with a RC severity and it will not migrate to
testing. That is exactly what unstable is for and where the name comes
from. If other people take unstable to build a distribution based on it
- it is their problem.

> So it's best if you consider unstable always in production-mode by
> default.

Let's freeze unstable today, call it stable and never touch it again.

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F