Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 09:22:08AM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> What I expect to be needed is to make rolling a "real" suite that
> retains packages. That will probably be needed sometimes. Though
> packages only in rolling should be a transitory situation that the
> rolling team is expected to minimize.

Early on in the CUT discussions on the cut-team mailing lists, I seem to
remember---although I can't find a reference to that right
now---ftp-master saying that to have a new suite it's enough to hand
them a self-contained list of package/version pairs.  Of course I've no
idea whether they'd agree in doing that for rolling as it's being
described here, but technically there are most likely little obstacles
to that. IANAF-M.

Cheers.