Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Currently Experimental is the place to upload things not ready for use except
> under very narrow circumstances.  It gets abused as a place for new versions
> during freeze as it is, but if it's the defined path into Rolling during
> freezes then there's a need to separate these two functions, IMO.

If it's not ready for use except under very narrow circumstances, why
upload to the Debian archive (rather than a patch to a bug report,
say) at all?

I personally don't think uploading packages to experimental before it
is time for them to participate in transitions to testing and
integrate with the rest of the next stable distribution is abuse at
all.  In fact I wish people would do it more often.