Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 10:17:03PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> If you want to go ahead with patching britney, by all means go ahead, as
> it might provide patches useful for the main brintey as well. But if you
> want to try some alternatives, we can probably help.

I don't think you need to patch britney at all. Just take the last
testing computed as a testing-britney output as a start, have a list of
force-hints to be processed, taken from unstable, and there you go. It's
just a new britney run.

Admitedly there is a small patch to be done, force hints in britney are
strictly versionned, for the rolling case one may want to have looser
way to express force hints (with version ranges e.g.), but that should't
be really hard.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit