Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

[Josselin Mouette, 2011-05-04]
> This would be a pseudo-suite, like experimental. Except that while
> experimental is built on top of unstable and filled manually by
> maintainers, rolling would be built on top of testing and filled
> semi-automatically. A rolling system would have typically 2 APT lines:
> one for testing and one for rolling.

+1

[...]
>   What to do during freezes
> I’m not sure we really need to do something different in times of
> freeze. Our time would be better spent by reducing the freeze time and
> making it more predictable; squeeze has been an awesome step in this
> direction.

I'm not interested in helping f.e. with Perl bugs so once the ones
I care about are fixed, I just want to focus on Sid (i.e. upload new
upstream versions, prepare new transitions etc.) - I can wait a month or
two, but these long freezes demotivate me a lot.