Re: time based freezes

[Abou Al Montacir, 2011-05-04]
> On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 20:00 +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>
> > On 2011-04-24, Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Dear Release Team ... good luck in proposing a freeze month now :-)
> >
> > I would propose mid september or mid-march.  That's just after 2nd patch
> > release of new set of releases by KDE.
>

> And why not new gnome release, or maybe new kernel version or even any
> other program packaged....

because I'm too lazy to send 42 mails¹ every 2 years, specially when some
of recipients might start ignoring them after receiving two with
different dates and most other upstreams will not get such mails at all.

You can pick the release date of your favourite $foo package with
popcon=0, I really don't care as long as we can put "Debian freezes on
$month every $parity year" on http://www.debian.org/ and not change it
for next decade or so.

Upstream authors that care about Debian, will try to release new stable
version on time, the ones that don't will just do what they do now and
we'll deal with it the same way we handle it now.

[¹] even if created as 1 mail with 41 addresses in CC ;-P