* Lucas Nussbaum (lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net) [110503 11:47]:
> On 02/05/11 at 16:19 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:
> >
> > > [ Note that my position is based on the assumption that we have a share
> > > of DDs interested in rolling similar to the share of DDs interested in
> > > stable releases. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to know where we
> > > stand regarding this. ]
> >
> > I'm very dubious.  To take one example, if Debian stopped making stable
> > releases, it would no longer be usable at work, which would mean that my
> > ability to work in Debian would substantially decrease and quite possibly
> > go away completely.
>
> Except for the sake of argumentation, I don't think that anybody
> considers seriously that Debian would stop making stable releases.
> The question is whether we want to provide a rolling release in addition
> to our stable releases.

<[🔎] 20110501133957.GA13682@rivendell.home.ouaza.com> sounds to me like we
will loose quite some man-power for making stable releases. This could
equally well mean we can't do some.

If it is guranteed that stable release don't become harder / uglier, I
don't think anybody has any reservations to adding new suites.
However, as long as the general impression is "making stable releases
will get way harder", that's different.

Andi