Re: Integrating aptosid?

FWIW my 1 cent: the idea is really sound although a bit idealistic,
because it goes inline with my utopian future of Debian: many
derivatives are just customizations of Debian with varying level of
additional custom extensions (often DFSG-compliant thus candidates for
inclusion into Debian proper) + installer or live-media options; i.e.
they are using Debian package base and add some additional packages (or
manual installations/customizations just because it might be easier at
first)

So at the end, is there any objective show stopper to
hypothetically have in a Debian metapackages like

N.B. couldn't come up with a good prefix, so let it be 'flavor'

 flavor-aptosid
 flavor-mint
 flavor-neurodebian

installation of which would simply tune existing plain Debian
installation to actually become the derivative itself?

if only we could persuade and collaborate with derivatives authors to
make this possible and easy.  Then derivative projects could concentrate
on providing custom installers/live-media and everyone would be happy.

Or am I missing some substantial design issue which is still lacking
from http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines