Re: PPAs for Debian

On 30 April 2011 20:56, Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:
Some FAQ on this topic:

Q: Why don't you use Launchpad's PPA?
A: Last time I looked into it (together with some Launchpad engineers at
  past UDS), the PPA module was too tightly integrated with other
  Launchpad parts to be deployable on Debian infrastructure

I don't think it is currently possible to use  Launchpad's PPA to build against non-Ubuntu distributions (or that is the impression I get anyway).

Would really like to see a PPA based system that supports building against Debian stable and unstable.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>