Re: Reporting same bug in different packages

On 05/02/2011 10:46 PM, Amaya wrote:
Patrick Strasser wrote:
I want to report a bug, which occurs in two packages (okular, xpdf)
exactly the same way. It's a problem with rendering PDFs.

Thanks for spotting this bug. Your contribution to Debian is
appreciated.

What would be the right way:
* File two bugs and refer to each other in a additional message

I was curious and took a look at these packages' Depends: field, and
they do not share many dependencies. I was suspecting a library would be
culprit in the bad rendering, but this doesn't seem the case, so, IMHO,
I would file a bug with each viewer, so that each code gets fixed.

Well, both do use libpoppler5… which is a PDF rendering library.

My 2cents,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/