On Sun, 1 May 2011, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> weren't there. But as a matter of fact, chances are that those people
> wouldn't have been able to be Debian Developers today if it weren't
> for the GR.

As I was the very first to apply under the GR (not in the first batch of
accepts though) I just wanted to underline the truth in this.

I wouldn't have been on the line for applying for DD for years to come.
I most probably would have stayed with the project anyhow but the
membership couples me tighter to Debian now. I am more interested in
doing things for Debian now than before, and given that I have been
running mirrors for both FTP and debconf video streams since 2004 and
been a active contributor for the translations since 2007 (let's not
even count the time spent on advocacy for the project), the GR was a
warm fuzzy feeling of out reach and I like it.

--
brother
http://sis.bthstudent.se