Re: network-manager as default? No!

2011/5/1 Miroslav Suchý <miroslav@suchy.cz>:
> Dne 3.4.2011 18:08, Fernando Lemos napsal(a):
>>
>> * It doesn't have a good command-line interface
>
> It does have CLI interface. Those commands are bundled directly in
> NetworkManager:
> nm-cli
> nm-tool
> nm-online
>
> I'm not sure if this qualify as "good command-line interface" :)

Those tools can't create or delete connections, which is kind of
important, so no. ;-) Of course you can always create the system
connections with a text editor, it's nothing too complex but the
format isn't documented AFAICT, probably because you are not supposed
to create them manually.

That said, nothing prevents the creation of a decent command-line
interface. There's cnetworkmanager, which wasn't working the last time
I checked (API incompatibility with the Debian packages, might have
been fixed by now). The DBus API is pretty straightforward, I use a
bunch of scripts to create and delete wireless connections.

Regards,