On 2011-05-01, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> - I've talked at several trade shows and conferences with developers of
>   rolling distros based on Debian (in particular: Aptosid/Sidux and
>   Linux Mint Debian Edition). They usually claim they have built those
>   distros because Debian wasn't offering such feature (yes, they should
>   have probably tried do that in Debian, NIH syndrome exists, yada yada,
>   not to mention the fact they might have said that to me because they
>   wanted to be kind towards Debian). It must have been half a dozen
>   people.

Maybe you could outline what they add to Debian to make it more useful.
I know that Sidux used to provide a kernel and stopgap solutions to bad
bugs in unstable where the maintainers needed more time or looked for
more sane solutions.  But that's more from casual searching, so maybe we
could clear that up first?

My guess is that those users could also easily use testing and that the
effort would better be spent to fix bugs in testing more quickly.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern