On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 08:55:25PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> (1) you'll split the userbase, some of the users will use rolling
>     instead of testing, and during the freeze we're very interested
>     about our users to test testing. It's actually the period where it
>     matters the most.

Just for the sake of the argument, that is not granted.  The above is
true only if the user base remains constant. Arguably, rolling is
appealing to users of other existing "rolling" distributions which are
based on Debian anyhow (name one) and, who knows, also to current users
of release-every-6-months derivatives who want more support on all the
archive.  Yes, mine is speculation, but it seems to be in the same
ballpark of a hidden assumption in the above.

Cheers.