Re: PPA

Le 01/05/2011 15:34, Andreas Barth a écrit :
> 1. How to push from a vcs (git, svn, ...) to ppa? (This should be
> coordinated with ftp-masters, so that the same method could be used
> later on for uploading into unstable.)
>
> 2. How could we create new ppa repositories easy enough, how do we
> hold the data, how do we make sure that dependencies are there?
> (Basically "how do we extend dak for ppa?")
>
> 3. How do we extend authentication concepts for apt to ppa? (So that
> one could say "please give me this and that repository from ppa", and
> one doesn't need to add custom apt-keys.)
>
> 4. How do we get a good interface to see which patches are where, and
> which bugs are found (or fixed) where?
>
> 5. After 2. is done, setting up autobuilding for ppa. (I'll be happy
> to help with this part, but 2. needs to be done first.)

I don't understand why this is only point 5. Setting up a custom
repository easily usable is quite easy... and done already
(mozilla.debian.net has been mentioned; I also happen to provide
unofficial packages on ocaml.debian.net). I don't see why points 1-4
should be addressed by the project as a whole (and a prerequisite of 5):
each PPA maintainer can have its own tool / policy / proposals before
everyone agrees on something more unified.

On the other hand, custom repositories are always restricted to
architectures their maintainer have access to. It would be nice if the
autobuilding network would allow submitting jobs not targeted for
official suites. Something a PPA maintainer could use to get the binary
packages for architectures he doesn't have access to.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane