On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 06:05:35PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > In the Squeeze release we have done better than before by calling for
> > explicit upgrade testing (kudos to the Release Team!), but a specific
> > plan of alpha/beta/... might bring even more testing, especially if the
> > media help us out with some hype.
>
> FWIW, d-i already has a history of numerous beta releases, including CD
> images, although it was somewhat crippled by our inability to call them
> betas of Debian as a whole, not just d-i (although I think we managed to
> fool some people about that), as well as our inability to target them to
> a non-moving suite.

Out of curiosity, have the d-i discussed with the release team the
possibility of presenting them as alpha/beta/... of Debian as a whole?

I ask to try to figure out whether there were some agreed upon technical
issues (like the moving target issue you mention) or whether it is
simply yet to be discussed/analyzed.

Cheers.