* Marc Haber (mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de) [110501 14:16]:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:48:24 +0200, Andreas Barth
> <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> >Actually, it worked quite well for both volatile and backports to
> >start as a non-official service.
>
> Agreed for backports, violently disagreed for volatile. Volatile has
> been a source of demotivation and frustration, at least for me, since
> it was taken over by the officials.

Yes. The only thing that didn't work was clamav-data, which I
considered a good use case.

However, looking at the bigger picture, when I started volatile, it
was basically impossible to bring any new "features" into stable like
fixing broken communications when backends changed. All of that is now
fixed.

I'm really sorry for clamav-data - but at the bigger picture volatile
was still a great success.

Andi