Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@madism.org> writes:

> No what we want is probably to be attractive to developers, while
> keeping our standards about the stable release, which is what really
> matters. And to do that, well, what we need is to make working for
> Debian easier. Not harder. rolling is making working for Debian harder,
> hence is a bad proposal. Harder because it means people will have more
> work for a package. Maintainers are (me included) often too lazy to
> prepare Stable updates because it's a PITA to have to work on a 1-yo
> version of the package. Why would they be more motivated to work on
> testing packages?

> No we should focus instead on making packaging easier, not adding new
> constraints, new goals. Here are a few thoughts on how to do that.

[...]

I don't think I'm convinced that rolling would make anything harder, and I
don't want to support that part of Pierre's message, but I did want to say
that the description laid out in this message about how PPAs could work
and on using a unified VCS for that purpose sounds *awesome*, and I would
love to use something like that.