Re: Crypto consolidation in debian ?

On Apr 26, Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen that fedora is trying to consolidate the number of crypto
> package shipped [1]. What do you think about this goal ?
While I believe it to be a worthwhile goal, I have serious doubts that
we should actively switch packages to NSS when this causes regressions.
The reason is that the kind of entities which require FIPS 140 probably
also tend to require corporate vendor support, which we do not provide.

If building a package with NSS instead of other libraries does not
causes relevant negative side effects then I think we should do it to
benefit from the improvements which NSS is receiving and to help the
process.

--
ciao,
Marco