Re: Bits from keyring-maint

Hi,

I do not think that it is a good idea to push for 4k RSA keys! You gain
nothing from it except for slowness on small devices.  Debian is used on
a lot of small devices.  Further DDs are strongly represented in the WoT
and thus many keyrings will increase in size and checking all the
signatures will take much longer.

Requiring 2k keys which are capable of SHA-2 is a good idea as it goes
conform with current practice.  Everything else is over the top.

The future is not RSA but ECC.  GnuPG 2.1 already implements ECC and it
can be expected that by 2012 more and more ECC keys will hit our WoT.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner