Re: /run support for wheezy?

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> writes:

> ]] Julien Cristau
>
> | On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 16:20:10 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> |
> | > Given that Fedora are adopting /run, and it has been something
> | > we have wanted in the past, is anyone working on implementing
> | > /run in Debian?
> | >
> | > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/146976
>
> Incidentially, I just sent a mail proposing this as a release goal.
>
> | That seems to say "on Debian /lib/init/rw was introduced for the same
> | thing, but I'm using a different name just because I can".  What am I
> | missing?
>
> It's a bit of an abuse of the /lib namespace.  It also outlines a plan
> for how to get rid of /var/run and /var/lock long-term, something I
> don't believe /lib/init/rw ever tried to.  It was just somewhere to
> stuff random early data.

What subdirs will we have then?

/run/run  (formerly /var/run)
/run/init (formerly /lib/init/rw)
/run/lock (formerly /var/lock)

or will one of the formerlies become the /run and the other subdirs. or
will /var/run and /lib/init/rw be merged into just /run and /run/lock
for locks?

Depending on that upgrade options change so we should nail that down
first.

MfG
        Goswin