Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:56:28AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

Just wanted to say congratulations to you all for for getting so much
great stuff done in such a short time, and many thanks for all your
hard work; it's much appreciated!

> - The long standing project of enabling autosigning for the buildds also
>   got finished. That means that packages successfully built can now be
>   uploaded automatically, without waiting for the buildd admin to wake
>   up/come back from holiday/whatever.

Fantastic news.  What's the expected turnaround time between building
and having it available in incoming/the main archive?

> - Added binary-all dists files.  This was after discussion with buildd
>   people (Phil) regarding how "Architecture: all" autobuilding might be
>   able to work in future.  We've let it go onto the main mirror network
>   in case other people have use for the information. The rationale is
>   that the arch-dependent packages files sometimes lag in their .all deb
>   versions in order to maintain installability of packages which are
>   waiting for architecture specific debs. The binary-all metadata will
>   always contain the latest versions of the .all packages, thus allowing
>   wanna-build to work out what needs doing.  This is, of course, just a
>   first step towards being able to build .all debs on the buildds.

Is there any prospect for phasing out Architecture: all packages in
binary-foo Packages in favour of binary-all Packages use by apt-get/
aptitude?

I would also have a use of binary-all dist in sbuild-db (an experimental
wanna-build replacement using PostgreSQL 9.0), just for the record.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh