Re: Cross compiler ITP (armel)

Hi,

2009/11/2 Mark Hymers <mhy@debian.org>:
> On Mon, 02, Nov, 2009 at 12:43:42PM +0000, Philipp Kern spoke thus..
>> Of course it is a sane approach but very special care needs to be taken when
>> releasing to ensure GPL compliance.  So what we should get is support in the
>> toolchain to declare against what source package the upload was built to
>> keep that around.

> We haven't implemented that yet for the archive software but it's on the
> TODO list (and not that difficult).  None of us have had time to do the
> d-d-a post from the ftpteam meeting yet, but I'll make sure information
> is in there about it.
>
> I'm hoping to the archive-side support done in the next week or so.

Squeeze has already been released, cross toolchains were not released
along Debian main, but found at Emdebian repository.

Marcin Juszkiewicz has been working out cross compiler packages for
armel as part of his work for Linaro, which I attempt to include into
Debian main archive. As a result of the work done, linux-armel,
binutils-armel, eglibc-armel are merged into a single source package
named `cross-toolchain-base', the package is not optimal, but once we
got multiarch support, it should be renamed to `binutils-armel' (or
similar name) and use linux and eglibc libraries and headers provided
by multiarch.

Along this package I also plan to upload `gcc-4.5-cross' (#590465).

At the moment we are targeting one target architecture on two build
hosts ('{amd64,i386}->armel'), not sure if it is desired to be
supported on more build hosts. Target architecture support might grow
up in future, but right now it is not a priority.

Not sure if that is an issue for someone? Comments?

Best regards,
--
 Héctor Orón

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely