Bug#612817: ITP: xnbd -- a Network Block Device server with support for Live Migration, Copy on Write and concurrent access
Owner: "Arno Töll" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : xnbd
Version : 0.0.3+hg20110210
Upstream Author : Takahiro Hirofuchi <email@example.com>
* URL : https://bitbucket.org/hirofuchi/xnbd/wiki/Home
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: C
Description : a Network Block Device server with support for Live Migration, Copy on Write and concurrent access
xNBD is yet another NBD (Network Block Device) server program, which is fully compatible with the NBD client driver of Linux Kernel.
In comparison with the original NBD server, xNBD provides the following features:
* Possibly better I/O performance by using mmap().
* Concurrent access from multiple clients.
* Distributed Copy-on-Write disk.
* Live storage migration for virtual machines.
* IPv6 support.
(description is verbatim copy from the home page)