Re: List of FTBFS in Ubuntu -- sbuild resolver issue???

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 08:43:23AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
>    debian-reference

I checked http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi and I am
intrigued.

Build log seems to indicate it failed to build.

http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~lucas/ubuntu-nbs/32/debian-reference_2.44_lubuntu32.buildlog

Baically, we need "locales-all" equivalent to build this package.  I
added "locales" to make this package cross buildable on Ubuntu.  Sbuild
log identifies both locales-all and locales are not available as
started.  It only tries first candidate "locales-all" only and fails.
It should check second one "locales" since this is: locales-all|locales .

I think sbuild needs a better resolver so if it does not find first
choice, it should try to install second one.

If the issue comes from the fact that Ubuntu is deviating again from
Debian on this locale-package and I need to list another "UBUNTU"
locales-all equivalent package, let me know.  But This seems to me
sbuild resolver issue.

FYI: I see package build for Ubuntu:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-reference/2.44