Re: Notification escape sequences

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Thomas Thurman
<thomas.thurman@collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> I am proposing an escape sequence which, when transmitted over SSH or
> telnet, requests the client to display a desktop notification.  I have
> written up a description, with some example code, at
>
> http://people.collabora.co.uk/~tthurman/notify/
>
> There are patches against vte and gnome-terminal.  I'd be interested to hear
> any suggestions and ideas you have before I go any further with this
> project.

I'm not sure I would feel comfortable running gnome-terminal any more.
I definitely wouldn't want the admins of all the servers I login to to
be able to inject information into my desktop outside of the terminal
I give them access to by logging in. This needs to be opt-in and
enabled on a per-host basis.

--
bye,
pabs