Re: Taking over maintainance of yaboot ?

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 08:58:06AM +0200, Zsombor wrote:
> 2010/9/17 Aurélien GÉRÔME <ag@debian.org>:
> >
> > I miss some physical 64-bit hardware to test it, mainly access to
> > pSeries, but I guess people on this list will be able to test d-i
> > images before I can submit changes, won't they?
> >

> I also have some 64bit Power HW to test (IBM and Bull machines), maybe
> pSeries, too. Next week I can provide more details.
> However, my work will be limited to testing, I dont think I can
> participate to reliable package maintenance work.

i also can offer testing on RS6000/pSeries/System P hardware. We're
already running several instances of Debian 5.0.5 in LPARs in our
Power5, 5+, 6 and 6+ environment. All LPARs are fully virtualized
with dual VIOS, so unfortunately "full system partition" tests are
not possible :-/ At home i can do tests against PowerPC 604e (32bit),
Power3 and Power4 (both 64bit).
To get the 5.0.5 system booting on Power6/6+ after installation, i
already had to patch yaboot up from the stock 1.3.13a to 1.3.14rc2 -
the newest version at that time. Strangely though the installer it-
self didn't mind booting at all! But even with 1.3.14rc2 there are
occasionally boot problems, where you get thrown back to the yaboot
prompt and on second try everything starts up fine. So if it were
possible to ditch the whole yaboot stuff in favour of e.g. Grub2 i'd
be more than happy.

Best regards,

    Frank