Re: Is a bug RC relevant if it has an influence on the health of a person

On 09/09/2010 16:11, Thibaut Paumard wrote:

> You have a bug that could potentially kill people? Fix it, upload ASAP
>  and contact the security and release teams. And I don't care if it's
> not the "normal procedure" and if it can piss off people, it's not
> nearly as important as Doing What You Have To Do (TM). By the way, I
> don't think it will piss anybody off.

Right. I was wondering why Andreas didn't contact the Release Team to have
our opinion on the subject. IMO, it qualifies as an RC bug and the
diff (0.7.8 → 0.7.9) doesn't look huge. It's even reasonable and acceptable,
once documentation changes are ignored.

So, if you prepare a package and upload it to unstable, I would unblock it
(only if the diff is strictly updating to this new version + any other
change matching the criterias described in [1]).

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00000.html

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي