Re: Bugs in Backported Packages

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:03:56 -0700 Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > False.
>
> > So you're saying that a move to debian.org actually does not make it
> > officially part of Debian (even though a lot of blogs are claiming just
> > that)? If that's the case then I agree that there is no collective
> > responsibility. That's good since it eliminates what was going to be a
> > significant additional burden for the security team.
>
> No, I'm saying that being "officially part of Debian" does not make it
> "officially supported by the project as a whole" or "the cllective
> responsibility of all Debian Developers".

You're missing my point.  My concern is the stonewalling of the
collective effort of those working to make backports a well-supported,
user-friendly part of the Debian ecosystem. And all of in the name of a
solved problem: email management.  I just don't get it.

Your campaign was effective against the useful package emails, and I
don't really want to see that happen again.

Let the collective do its work without interference.  Please :)

Best wishes,
Mike