Re: More advanced home directory creation in Debian?

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 06:29 +1200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Out of curiosity, since this does not affect me directly: is there a
> need to update existing home directories? For example, if one adds new
> files to /etc/skel, those only affect new home directories created after
> the fact, the existing ones won't have the file anyway. Is there ever a
> need for adding the file to existing homes?
Though I'd like that,... it would probably a little bit bad,... (at
least if done wrong).

The home-dir is intended to be under the control of the user.
Updating that without asking him could be bad.

So something like that would have to be something interactive, asking
for permission.

Cheers,
Chris.