Re: RFH: How to compile swf files from source

On Aug 04, Charlie Smotherman <cjsmo@cableone.net> wrote:

> "ampache ships a swf file but does not build it from source."
>
> I am curious to know which part of Debian Policy states that this is
> required?  I have search but was unable to find anything.
The part stating that packages cannot depend on components not in main,
it applies to build dependencies too.

While it is not mandatory to always rebuild everything from source
(just be sure to have a valid reason to not do it) it must be possible
to do it without installing software which is not part of Debian.

--
ciao,
Marco