Re: bindv6only again

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:
> On Apr 27, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> But you're breaking peoples' systems *now*.  And breaking systems
> Which ones? There is only one bug open (gdm) and it has patches.
>
> Based on this data I believe that the change has been a great success,
> the only hard issue has been the one with the java packages.

There are around popular proprietary software packages which ship a
private version of the sun jre.
They are doing so you can untar & run easily. Why I do not like them,
there is relevant part of users (including me) who need to deal with
them.
Right know having them run on Debian is tricky: you first need to
realize that they are shipping a custom jre, second you need to be
aware of this "issue" with ipv6 sockets in Debian.

One example is vmware server.

Cheers,
Ludovico