Re: bindv6only again

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> On Monday 26 April 2010 21:59:08 Don Armstrong wrote:
> > It doesn't matter who sets it. If the program doesn't work properly
> > with either setting, and it's possible for it to work properly with
> > either setting by patching the code, it's a bug that should be fixed.
>
> It matters because in my view, the app expects it to be 0 unless the
> application itself had changed it.

It's a system wide default which can be changed by the administrator
or by Debian. If the code fails when that default is changed, the code
is buggy.

There's no reason for the code to rely on a particular setting of the
default when it can easily enforce the particular value that it only
works with.

Don Armstrong

--
You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.