Re: Binary package names for mozilla plugins [Was: Bits from the Mozilla Extension Packaging Team]

Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 18:49 +0200 schrieb Stefano Zacchiroli:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 04:56:15PM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > > I'm sure you meant "browser-plugin-*" here ...
> > Hm, browserplugin-* would be a new option. Then we would have
> >
> >      1. browser-plugin-*
> >      2. browserplugin-*
> >      3. *-browserplugin
> >      4. *-browser-plugin
> >
> > I think all of these would work (with a slight preference to 1. or 2.).
> > Opinions?
>
> Please don't do polls on a mailing list :-)
>
> Arguments have been given for using '-' in the name (while I haven't
> seen any argument for _not_ using dashes). I presume the general feeling
> about whether it should be at the beginning or at the end of packages is
> "we don't particularly care", as long as it is consistent.
>
> I personally don't think a poll is needed, but if you feel it is please
> set up one somewhere and post just a participation link.

I setup a doodle poll: http://www.doodle.com/2wmykvgy7ara5pd5

Please participate there. And yes, doodle is designed for schedules, but
not for polls. ;)

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)