Re: Binary package names for mozilla plugins [Was: Bits from the Mozilla Extension Packaging Team]

On jeu., 2010-02-04 at 17:21 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On 03/02/2010 07:14, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > I'd go for the -browserplugin suffix.
> >
> > Speaking of plugins, I see there are several plugin packages that put
> > plugins in various places. Here is a breaking news: the canonical place
> > for plugins is /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. Nowhere else.
> >
> > Why ? Because it's where most of the plugins already are (but some
> > packages like to put their files in several places, which is pointless),
> > and it's where all applications are already looking for plugins.
> >
> I started packaging parole media player which provides a plugin using
> npapi, and recently submitted a bug to split rhythmbox package. In both
> case I used the scheme:
>
> browser-plugin-*
>
> (replacing mozilla by browser, in fact). None of the packages are
> already uploaded so I can still change.

I'm about to upload parole, so I'd like to know what's the status on
this? At the moment a search on -browserplugin doesn't return anything.
A search on browser-plugin returns cairo-dock-quick-browser-plugin and
that's all. It seems that no package was really renamed.

What should we do?

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis