Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

On Friday 09 April 2010 18:29:40 Marco d'Itri wrote:
> They will have an opportunity to develop more portable software.

My little real life example:

I tried to compile weborf on opensolaris, and i was expecting it to compile
and work without any problem, because i was only using POSIX calls.
It wasn't so easy: because of a bug in their .h files, i had to rearrange the
includes to make it compile.

True, now my software is more portable, but since i've also find out that the
problem with the header files was known to them and they didn't fix it in a
long while, i also don't recommend to anyone to use opensolaris.

Bye
--
Salvo Tomaselli