Re: Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services back this weekend

Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org> writes:

> ries is located at Brown University.  Brown provides free hosting,
> bandwidth and remote intelligent hands.  They have provided exemplary
> support but it doesn't include (nor should we have an expectation that
> it includes) 4-hour response.
>
> ries is covered by a next business day post-warranty support agreement
> with the vendor.
>
> There were two contributing factors to time between problem occurrence
> and problem resolution: (1) back and forth with the vendor in an attempt
> to diagnose the true fault (initial diagnosis was faulty DIMMs;
> subsequent diagnosis was faulty mainboard) and (2) once diagnosed,
> shipping delays (parts ordered morning of 30th, but arrived on 2nd).

The entire state of Rhode Island being underwater on March 30-31 due to
some historic flooding probably had a little something to do with
the shipping delays...

--
Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.