Re: Default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only should revert to 0

Stanislav Maslovski <stanislav.maslovski@gmail.com> writes:
>> I think that an application which depends on net.ipv6.bindv6only=1 is
>> broken (at least as Linux application).
>
> I am not sure that there are such applications. Can you give us an
> example?

Sorry, I don't know whether such applications really exist.

I just expect that this default value change of net.ipv6.bindv6only
from 0 to 1 (introduced from netbase 4.38) would cause that.
I cannot imagine other reason to change this default value.

>> And I think that an application which depends on bindv6only=0 might have
>> a problem on portability and it might be a bug, but it should work with
>> Debian as ever.  Setting bindv6only=1 and breaking these programs,
>> including outside of Debian packages, would not be a good choice.
>
> Well, nothing forbids you from changing that option on your own
> system, if you really need it.

Yes.  But if any core applications were depend on
bindv6only=1, we can not change it's value to 0 any more.

So I wish that default value of net.ipv6.bindv6only revert to 0.

--
Kazuo Oishi