Re: Some mail changes

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Stephen Gran wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Santiago Vila said:
> > Juat announce "Effective [some day], people who do not have an email
> > forward setup will have one pointing to master, so that they will
> > continue to receive email in master" and be done with it.
>
> I am going to politely assume that what you are saying is "would you
> please do this for me", rather than "I insist you do this because I
> can't be bothered to waste a precious 30 seconds on it and would rather
> write several mails instead". In response to your request, I am sorry,
> but I am unlikely to do a mass update of people's mail forwards for
> this.

I'm sorry too, but sending email to /dev/null as a punishment for not
reading -devel-announce in 14 days (for whatever reason) is everything
but "polite".

It's true that it takes very little time to read the docs and find this:

echo "emailforward: foo@bar.com" | gpg --clearsign | mail change@db.debian.org

I'll do that. So, no, I didn't mean "please do this for me", but I will
not insist that you have to do it either. Let people lose their email
and see what happens. It will be fun.

Thanks.