Re: Best practices for development workstations

[Robert Collins]
> Wearing my squid upstream hat: please file bugs if squid is
> misbehaving.  Squid is used in many high volume high load web sites,
> so if there are reliability bugs we really really want to know about
> them.

If you really plan to fix apt and squid related problems, it would be
nice if #565555 was fixed.

Also, the default setup for Squid do not allow it to proxy all
packages in the archive (the maximum_object_size is too small).  In
Debian Edu, we increased it from 20480 KB to 153600 KB, to allow the
openartwork and fluid-soundfound packages to be proxied.  In Debian
Edu, PXE installation is set up out of the box, and to use it for
several machines it is vital to proxy also the big packages. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen