Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services back this weekend

Hello,

as you might have noticed from my mail some days ago or the various
updates sent to the -devel list, or maybe even just be the slightly-less
activity on our mirrors, our ftpmaster host had been down. And for some
reason I said

> Will send a notice when service is back to normal.

and so here I am. After a set of ping-pong games with the support there
finally was a technician who applied some magic and some hardware
changes to the machine. Our DSA team then run a whole set of the
testsuite for the server and it all appeared to work nicely (prior tests
always died). Right now the machine is doing a full fsck run, just in
case, and after that it will be available normally again.

I expect the services on it to be back in action somewhere during the
Saturday, at latest Sunday. For example we FTPMaster have to check the
whole archive consistency and it simply takes time to wade through some
multiple hundred thousands of files.

A little sidenote: Our Uploadqueue is currently holding 7.3Gb, so you
will definitely see a few changes arrive in the archive as soon as I
restart it. :)

Thank you all for your patience during this time. Thanks also to DSA and
especially the local admins at brown.edu helping us through this.

--
bye, Joerg
I’m a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how