dash Debian package - RC bugs

Hi,

I find myself to have from time to time less spare time and/or
motivation than some of the packages I maintain deserve.  So the dash
Debian package.

I'm looking for volunteers that are willing to help with maintaining
dash.  Most of the work is relaying bug reports to upstream, judging and
including prospective fixes if upstream is unresponsive, preparing
patches for bugs, and the usual bug reports management.

dash has outstanding RC bugs.  Some are a left-over from the /bin/sh
transition from bash to dash, and still unresolved.  IIRC Thorsten
Glaser had some ideas on how to proceed, but we never discussed anything
in this regard.  Luk Claes and Raphael Geissert were involved in
initiating the transition, but seem to no longer be able to contribute
to the resulting RC bugs.

I set up a mailing list to coordinate work on the dash package.  If
you're interested in helping, please subscribe to the
<debian-package-dash> mailing list by sending an email to
<debian-package-dash-subscribe@list.smarden.org>, and start to discuss
and contribute.  Thanks for your help.

Regards, Gerrit.