Re: md5sums files

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 10:19:21PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 08:08:38PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > I think its about time to require to generate checksums for packages
> > and make all packages which do not do so RC buggy.
>
> Well, RC buggy is probably a tad excessive for this release, considering
> that we are (I hope :)) close to a freeze.

Given that a) we're almost there, and b) adding a debsums (or
dh_md5sums) invocation to debian/rules isn't exactly an intrusive
change, I'm not sure that 'excessive' is the right word. I'd call it
'ambitious', perhaps overly so, but it should be doable.

Of course, whether we decide to indeed do so would be up to the release
managers.

I'm inclined to agree that it's too late to add another checksum
algorithm at this point in time; that should be a release goal for
squeeze+1.

trying to fool the system.