Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda
- To: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Paul Wise <email@example.com>, Kel Modderman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian Devel <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Johannes Berg <email@example.com>, "John W. Linville" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Kalle Valo <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "John S. Skogtvedt" <email@example.com>, Debian/Ubuntu wpasupplicant Maintainers <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tim Gardner <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda
- From: Faidon Liambotis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:59:18 +0200
- Message-id: <4B8995B6.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <1265076642.3040.20.camel@chianamo> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1265440223.3167.93.camel@chianamo> <email@example.com> <1266646281.3059.30.camel@chianamo> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> As per Paul Wise' advice I'd like to request for help with the
> crda/wireless-regdb package for Debian for the next release of Debian.
> I am the upstream crda maintainer and John Linville is the upstream
> wireless-regdb maintainer. Kel Modderman has already done most work
> required for the Debian package, if not all. What we now need is some
> Debian Developer to be willing to either upload the package as-is, or
> some help from some experienced package maintainers to address a few
> items. I should note Paul Wise has offered sponsorship for this
> package so I think we are on the last track to getting this package
> finalized and/or uploaded but he just noted a few changes required.
> Summary of review with Paul Wise:
> * Package could likely be uploaded into Debian as-is, just requires
> someone comfortable with it
> * We need more help with thepkg-wpa-devel group
I'm a member of pkg-wpa-devel and I've been sponsoring Kel for almost 4
years. I have absolute trust in him and I've even offered to advocate
him to the NM process multiple times.
I'd be happy to review and sponsor the uploads of crda/wireless-regdb,
if Paul doesn't have a problem with this.
I usually prefer team maintenance, so I think it'd be best if this
happened in pkg-wpa; my offer to sponsor is independent of that, though.