Re: User uucp to be member of group mail for `sendmail -f'?

On Feb 22, markus schnalke <meillo@marmaro.de> wrote:

> However, I think the problem could be solved by making the user uucp a
> member of group mail. From my limited POV, this solution represents
> the logic behind: uucp wants to use special facilities of the MTA,
> thus it needs to be in group mail.
This does not look right, the purpose of the group mail is allowing the
LDA to lock the mailboxes without running as root and uucp does not
need anything like this nor it should be able to.
Maybe masqmail just lacks the features needed for this setup.

--
ciao,
Marco